I just finished coaching and leading another group through the 21-Day Sugar Detox chewgoodstuff.21dsd.com which you’ve probably heard me discuss before. One of the things I find gratifying in coaching these groups is witnessing individuals transform from excited, yet scared to confident and in control. For those of you who aren’t familiar with this program, I’m referring to “in control” of their cravings for sugar and refined carbohydrates. In this post, I’ll be sharing “6 Reasons to Try the 21-Day Sugar Detox” but first let me briefly describe what this type of detox involves.
So what is the 21-Day Sugar Detox?
It is a 3 week program designed to reduce and/or eliminate your cravings for sugar and carbohydrates. Sticking to this way of eating for 21 days is the right amount of time to begin to form new habits, rather than doing a quick five day detox which probably is not long enough to break patterns and cement new ways of approaching eating healthy foods.
Here are 6 reasons why I prefer this program over other types of cleanses, diets, and detoxes out there:
- You actually eat real food! Some cleanses ask that you abstain from food and rather drink it instead in the form of juices and/or shakes
- There are 3 different program levels to suit a variety of dietary needs and to accommodate the novice or the person who’s already gone through the program one or more times
- Tons of recipes! You’ll almost wish you had more than 21 days to try out all the delicious recipes ranging from main dishes to snacks to kitchen basics such as dips and sauces and even a sweetener-free ketchup. The guidebook contains over 90 recipes while the cookbook (there are 2 books that are available for purchase) provides over 100 recipes. Lots of choices!
- There is an emphasis on the whole foods approach to eating. The concept is actually quite simple and easy to grasp: get rid of the bad junk in your kitchen (processed foods) and focus on unprocessed, whole foods such as high-quality proteins, vegetables, some allowed fruits, nuts and seeds, and even dairy for certain level participants.
- No requirement to count and track your calories or macros. Enough said.
- There are many resources to help guide you through your 3 week journey, including a certified coach should you decide to join a group led by one, a community of others taking on this challenge to communicate with online, email series, audio series, the books/recipes, and more
I’ll leave you with some testimonials from my past clients and former participants of this program:
“I wasn’t sure if I needed the cookbook or just the guidebook and bought both because I was so worried I wouldn’t know what to eat. By purchasing both I found a lot of great recipes that even my small child and partner enjoyed, and he is generally more picky. There were a lot of dinners and items that we will continue to make regardless of if we are following the detox 100%. I also really like the levels. They give you a better sense of options.” — Teresa
“I have a whole new outlook on what I should be putting into my body and feel that doing this detox was one of the best decisions that I have made in my life. It taught me a great deal.” — Harshil
“Definitely experienced a positive change in my health by participating in this sugar detox program! I must say that I was a bit skeptical in the beginning, but by cutting a few simple things out of my diet I lost the weight that was so hard to lose with other plans. I also feel this program is much healthier than some of the others I’ve tried in the past. I have more energy and overall feel healthier since my detox. Absolutely met my expectations!!! I lost 15 pounds, and no longer have my muffin top or fat back.” — Linda
“I loved the whole thing – the comradery of doing it as a group, the check-in calls, the daily tips. It was totally positive and motivating. I really do feel a profound shift in my attitude and approach to food. I have been trying for YEARS to figure out what is the best way for my body to function and I think I have FINALLY found the solution. I’m really really grateful.” — Rikki
Here are links to both the Guidebook and Cookbook for you to peruse over at Amazon:
I’ll be coaching another group beginning July 11th, 2016.
If you’d like to join this group please email me to reserve your spot: mn@MikeNguyenNutrition.com
Finally, I’ll leave you with this blog post I wrote for the official 21-Day Sugar Detox blog. If you’re on the fence about giving this 3 week break from sugar a try, read this!
If you found this post helpful, would you please consider sharing it with a friend?
Thanks so much!